The early years of Ferrari were focused around racing; only a small number of road vehicles were produced for a select few high profile customers. With the competition costs increasing in the 1950s it was necessary for Ferrari to increase road car production as a means of raising additional funds.
In 1954, the Pinin Farina-designed 250 GT Europa debuted in Paris. It was Ferrari’s first true production model and would form the foundation for all future Ferrari 250 models. These included the second series, again designed by Pinin Farina. At the Geneva Show in in March 1956, Ferrari displayed the replacement for the 250 Europa.
Pinin Farina were not able to support the demand for the 250 from Ferrari and as a result handed production over to Carrozzeria Boano, headed by one of Pinin Farina’s designers, Mario Felice Boano. In total 74 Ferrari 250 GT Boanos were produced.
This 250 Boano was delivered to its first owner Mr Giles Richard in France. In the 1960s the vehicle was exported to the USA until the late 1970s when it was purchased by Mr Michelsen in London. In 2000 the car was exported to Denmark where it remained as part of a large collection of cars until 2019 when it returned to the UK.
Vehicle completed on 28/03/1957
Chassis Number 0651 GT
Left Hand Drive