LIMITED EDITION (not numbered) TO 20 PIECES ONLY WORLDWIDE.
The Métiers d'Art - La Symbolique Des Laques collection is devoted to the natural beauty of the seasons. For each model in the collection a front & back dial is created. The workmanship to create these dial took a total of more than 7 years!
- MAKI-E: Masters of Zôhiko are experts in the art of "maki-e" style enamel painting. "Maki-e" in Japanese means "filled up the picture." This style of enamel painting features the most complex techniques of decorative lacquering. The art begins while paint (usually black in color) has not yet congealed, which is then sprinkled with gold or silver
powder to create unique designs. The final lacquered coating is made from the sap of what is known as the Chines Lacquer tree, Rhus Verniciflua, which is found is in the highlands of central Asia and parts of Tibet.
- YUKIMI-WINTER:The "Yukumi" tradition takes place in winter. During this period, the Japanese revel in the pleasure of watching the snow fall gently. The silence of the
slow fall of flakes, the frozen air and the serenity of the moment are usually enjoyed in groups. In order to protect the trees from oft heavy, thick snow that might bend them under its weight, the Japanese protect them with conical structures made of rope and bamboo, called "Yukizuri".
- The front dial is decorated with images of snow crystals.
- The dial on the back of the watch is decorated with golden "Yukizuri" structures over plants. In certain gardens, it is traditional to light up the "Yukizori" at night, and their gold reflections metamorphose the area into a winter paradise.
This watch features:
- Polished 18kt white gold case.
- Black decorated enameled front & black dial.
- Central dial cutout on both the front & back dials for a partial view of the skeletonized movement.
- White gold hour & minute hands.
- Vacheron Constantin ruthenium plated 14kt yellow gold skeletonized movement, Caliber 1003 SQ, beats at 18,000 vph, composed out of 117 parts, contains 18 Jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 30 hours.
Also known as: Vacheron 33222/000G-9706, Vacheron 33222/000G-9706, Vacheron 33222/000G9706, Vacheron 33222-000G-9706, Vacheron 33222000G-9706, Vacheron 33222000G9706