LIMITED & NUMBERED EDITION OF 500 PIECES WORLDWIDE!
The "Sonata Silicium" was introduced at Basel 2008. This watch incorporates some key components made out of Silicium (aka Silicon). Silicium is a mineral based material that has great elasticity, needs virtually no lubrication & cannot be magnetized. The hairspring (patent pending), Pallet Fork & Escapement wheel are all of Silicium reducing the time necessary between service intervals & keeping the watch more accurate. This is the first time that Silicium has been used for the first time in a larger scale production timepiece.
This watch features: • Dial with a natural shiny finished Silicium center plate. The rest of the dial is a ruthenium (dark grey) finished plate spectacularly finished with a linear "Cotes de Geneve" design.
• Large white skeleton hour & minute hands with blue tips filled with luminous material, which allows for a clear & unobstructed view of the dial.
• Inner bezel with applied white gold triangular hour markers & with luminous dot hour markers.
• GMT/Dual Time Zone sub dial at 6 o'clock. Buttons on either side of the case adjust the time-zone by one hour increments both forward & backward.
• Alarm functions: • Alarm time indicator sub-dial located at the 2 o'clock position.
• The alarm will chime once every 24 hours, the sub-dial at 10 o'clock indicates a countdown to when the alarm will chime the next time allowing you to set the alarm to am or pm.
• Bright yellow hand On/Off indicator at the 9 o'clock position - controlled by the button in center of the left crown.
• While the alarm is ringing you can see the piston at work - located at the 8 o'clock position & held in place with a blue bridge.
• Left crown adjusts the time & date.
• Caliber UN-67 with 109 jewels, beats at 28,800 vph & an approximate power reserve of 42 hours.
• Transparent case back allows a view of the ruthenium finished movement bridges. The rotor has a very subtle irregular engraved texture giving a beautiful contrast again the movement bridges.
Prestige Time 2 Year Warranty