The second-generation TUDOR chronographs appeared in 1971 and remained in the catalogue until 1977. Nicknamed the Tudor “Montecarlo” by enthusiasts because their dials are reminiscent of a casino roulette wheel, the 7100 series chronographs retain the case of their predecessors as well as the spirit of their dials with painted hour markers and striking colours.
In place of the original Valjoux calibre 7734 used in the predecessors, the newer Tudor chronographs of the time were equipped with the manually-wound Valjoux 234. This new movement offered the wearer better accuracy thanks to a higher frequency – 21,600 beats per hour versus the former 18,000 beats per hour – and had a more sophisticated chronograph mechanism, with a clutch and column wheel.
Model number 7159/0 from circa 1972 featured a satin-finished steel bezel and an engraved tachymeter scale, this watch has a clean grey dial with orange accents which help it stand out.
Supplied in great condition for age, this watch comes in the original Tudor boxes with the original Tudor warranty papers, instruction booklets, swing tag and Tudor display stand.
• Immaculate Presentation
• Great Condition For Age
• Grey Dial with Date
• Satin Steel Bezel
• Engraved Tachymeter Scale
• Stainless Steel Case
• Original Inner and Outer Presentation Boxes - Pristine Condition
• Pin-Hole Shoulders
• Manual Wind Valjoux Calibre 234 Movement
• Orange NATO Style Strap
• Rolex Oyster Bracelet Supplied
• 12 month warranty on all pre-owned watches
• 95% of all our watches we buy from the original owners
• Majority of our watches with the original box and papers
• Buy with confidence - 14 day money back guarantee on all online orders
Please contact us for shipping costs to the E.U.
If you would like to visit our office please note we are by appointment only and we do not accept Euros as payment.
All images are of the actual watch for sale. We do not use library pictures.