Power Reserve, Luminescent Hand, Luminescent Numeral
Big Pilot's Watch Top Gun
Tradition reinterpreted. The Big Pilot’s Watch TOP GUN combines the classic functionality of the traditional Pilot’s Watch with state-of-the-art technology. High-tech materials and modern design elements. The compact 48-millimetre case is made of high-tech ceramic and the crown of titanium. The largest self-winding movement from IWC will continue running for 7 days.
PRECISION INSTRUMENTS WITH COCKPIT-STYLE DESIGN
The Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar TOP GUN, the Big Pilot’s Watch TOP GUN and the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph TOP GUN combine the black-and-white instrument look of the classic Pilot’s Watches with the sporty design of the TOP GUN line. The cases made of black zirconium oxide together with the crown and push-buttons in titanium underscore IWC Schaffhausen’s pioneering role as one of the first companies in the watchmaking industry to use these materials. In the Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar TOP GUN, the IWC-manufactured 51614 calibre with a 7-day power reserve drives a plethora of watchmaking complications.
The perpetual calendar with displays for the date, day, month, year in four digits and perpetual moon phase takes into account all the leap years in the Gregorian calendar until 2100. The in-house 51111 calibre found in the Big Pilot’s Watch TOP GUN likewise builds up a power reserve of 7 days after just 1960 complete revolutions of the rotor or after being fully hand-wound. No Pilot’s Watch collection would be complete without a chronograph with down-to-the-second precision. Among the TOP GUN models in traditional cockpit design, this role falls to the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph TOP GUN. As only fitting, it comes equipped with an IWC-manufactured movement in the form of the further improved 89365-chronograph calibre. A soft-iron inner cage protects the precision movement against magnetism.
- Matte finished black ceramic case.
- Titanium case back - with the colored TOP GUN insignia.
- Titanium crown.
- The combination of materials make the relatively light for its size, extremely durable & skin-friendly.
- Matte black finish.
- Bold white painted Arabic Numeral hour markers.
- White printed minute/hour track with luminous 12,3,6 & 9 markers.
- Black rimmed hands with luminous fill.
- Large central seconds hand with red silhouette of a fighter jet as a counter-weight.
Power Reserve Indicator:
- This watch features an impressive 7-Day Power Reserve, indicated by the sub-dial at the 3 o'clock position & features a luminous filled black rimmed hand.
- Date window located at the 6 o'clock position.
- IWC Caliber 51111, beats at 21,600 vph, contains 42 Jewels & has an impressive power reserve of 7-Days (168 hours) hours.
Also known as: IWC IW501901, IWC IW-501901, IW5019, 501901, 5019-01