F.P.Journe Octa Utc Invenit Et Fecit Automatic In Platinum 40mm With A Gorgeous Galvenized White Gold Rhodium Dial And A 120-Hour Power Reserve And A Stunning World Geographic Coordinated Universal Time On The Dial, Black Leather Strap With Classic Platinum Dial - F.P.Journe Innovates Once Again With The Presentation Of The Octa Utc, A Patented System That Uses The Modern Standards Of Determining Time Zones In Full Hours. Mechanically It Indicates The Different Time Periods Linked With The Earth’s Geographical Positions, Indicating Summer And Winter Hour - Gmt Is Usually Used In The Watchmaking World To Designate Watches With A Second Time Zone. Gmt Is Based On Terrestrial Rotation, While Utc On Atomic International Time.
Therefore, The Two Time Measurements Are Close But Not The Same. Unlike Gmt, Utc Offers The Current View Of Time Zone Division Directly Linked To The Real Rotation Of The Earth, And Less Variable - On The Dial, The Local Hours Are Indicated By The Blue Hands, And Linked To The Calendar Indicating The Current Geographical Time. The Red Gold Hand Indicates The Home Time On 24 Hours, Represented By The Earth’s 24 Time Zones.
The Mechanical Movement With Automatic Winding Is Manufactured In 18k Red Gold, It Is Constructed On The 1300.3 Calibre, And Offers An Additional Complication To The Octa Line, Still In The Same Calibre Dimensions. The Dial Features Off Centre Hours, Minutes And Seconds, A Retrograde Power Reserve, A Large Date, And For The First Time, A Dial With The Earth Divided In Time Zones
Technical Specifications – OCTA UTC
- Movement : Automatic Calibre FPJ 1300-3 in 18K rose gold (4N)
- Unidirectional automatic winding
- Off-center 22K gold guilloché winding rotor
- Three position crown: Correction of 24h time zones in position 2, clockwise
- Correction of date in position 2, anti-clockwise
- Correction of time in position 3
- Instant jump calendar
- Rotation of the earth by secured correction pusher at 4:00
- Number of jewels: 40
- Dimensions of the movement: Overall diameter: 30.80 mm
- Casing-up diameter: 30.40 mm
- Overall height: 5.85 mm
- Height of winding stem: 3.00 mm
- Diameter of stem thread: S0.90 mm
Indications: Off-center hours and minutes, off-center timezones, small second at 4:30, Earth dial divided in timezones at 7:30, winter/summer hour, large date, power reserve at 9:00.