LIMITED & NUMBERED EDITION OF ONLY 218 PIECES WORLDWIDE!
The RICHARD LANGE collection pays tribute to the company founders, Mr Adolph Lange, first-born son Richard Lange (1845-1932), a bright mind devoted to the scientific evolution of precision watchmaking.
This watch features: • Completely polished finished 18kt white gold case.
• Three-part black enamel dial:
• Outer ring with the Hour markers & minute track.
• Stepped down center with the Lange logo.
• Further stepped down small seconds sub-dial.
• White painted Roman Numeral hour markers.
• Minute chapter ring with fine red painted 1/4 hour markings in Arabic Numerals.
• Polished white gold hands.
• Small seconds sub-dial with a fine printed seconds chapter ring & 10 seconds incremental Arabic Numeral markings.
• "Stop Seconds" feature, stops the seconds when the crown is pulled out & allows for accurately setting the time to the second.
• A. Lange & Sohne Caliber L044.1, beats at 21,600 vph, composed out of 279 parts (+636 chain parts = 915 total parts), contains 33 Jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 36 hours.
• Movement 3/4 back plate is finely finished with striped/ribbed finish and polished beveled edges., The balance-cock & 4th wheel cock is hand engraved making each watch unique.
• Pour le Merite:
• "Fusee-and-chain transmission": In the Lange & Sohne fusee-and-chain mechanism, the flow of power between the mainspring barrel and the going train is established indirectly by a chain comprised of 636 parts, which create 212 links, which forms a chain 152mm long. One end of the chain is attached to the barrel drum and the other to the fusee. As the mainspring barrel unwinds, the chain wraps around it and reels off the fusee. When the mainspring is fully wound and thus exerts great force, the chain pulls at the smaller radius of the fusee where the leverage is smaller. As the springs tension diminishes, the chain pulls at the larger radius with the higher leverage. Thus, regardless of the state of wind of the mainspring, the same amount of torque is delivered to the escapement, resulting in improved rate accuracy. In the fusee-and-chain transmission mechanism, there is one situation when the cone rotates backward: as the mainspring is being wound. To prevent the watch from stopping while it is being wound, Lange's master watchmakers integrated a marvel of miniaturization inside the fusee. It is a tiny planetary gear train that assures uninterrupted delivery of power to the movement. Additionally, it is endowed with a pretensioning mechanism that allows the characteristics of the mainspring and of the fusee to be perfectly harmonized. Finally, the elaborate construction includes a device that blocks the winding mechanism just before the mainspring is fully wound and stops the movement just before it is fully unwound.
• The "fusee-and-chain transmission" is visible through a drop-shaped cutout in the 3/4 plate.
Prestige Time 2 Year Warranty