The Cannes Yachting Festival ran from 11 to 16 September; for six days, the stars of international yachting rival each other in style and elegance of their vessels. The show welcomed nearly 642 motor and sailing boats, of which more than 122 in a world premiere. Five of them have made it into JamesEdition’s list of the most outstanding new vessels.
1. Azimut Grande 32 Metri: avant-garde in every sense
The Grande 32 Metri is the newest member of the Grande megayacht series (https://www.jamesedition.com/yachts/azimut/105/azimut-105-10120616. “We wanted to find a brilliant way to provide features not usually found on a 32 metre boat, and the Azimut Grande 32 is avant-garde in every sense, ” says Federico Lantero, Azimut Yachts brand manager. The sporty superstructure of the Azimut Grande 32 is built entirely in carbon fibre and epoxy resin, and the D2P (“displacement to planing”) hull form is designed for efficiency at two different sets of speeds. This approach has not only led to efficient fuel consumption, but also provides guests with comfort at both slow cruising and higher running speeds.
LOA 32 m (105 Ft).
Naval architect: Stefano Reghini
Interior designer: Achille Salvagni Architetti
Maximum speed: 27 Kn
2. Custom Line Navetta 42: a maxi yacht built with the care of tailor-made suit
This is the Ferretti’s biggest Custom Line built to date (though Navetta 30 https://www.jamesedition.com/yachts/ferretti/navetta_30/ferretti-yachts-custom-line-navetta-30-10384882 can also offer huge spaces for the owner and 12 guests). The Navetta 42 was sold to an Italian client in July 2017, and her interiors was fully customized to the desires of the owner, who commented: “It is a wonderful dream come true: a maxi yacht built with the care of a tailor-made suit”. At the stern of the yacht, a superyacht beach club opens at sea level while a side opening tender garage aft keeps the launching and recovering of the tender and toys separate from the guest area.
LOA 42 m
Cruising Speed: 10 Kn
Range: 3,000 NM
3. Sunseeker 131: craftmanship and attention to details
“The new 313 yacht provides an excellent canvas for clients to consider the tested platform with a customisable interior”, says Charl Van Rooy, The Superyacht Times. The tri-deck Sunseeker 131 Yacht is one of the finest examples of modern day superyacht building where comfort truly reach new levels. The main deck features a lounge, separate dining area and full galley, while on the upper deck you’ll find the sky lounge, cocktail bar and access to the skydeck. As impressive out in open water as it is in the harbour, this icon of design is unlike any other.
LOA: 40.05 m (131.5 Ft)
Range: 1,500 NM
Maximum Speed: 25 Kn
4. The Sunreef 80: luxury catamaran for transoceanic adventures
The newest iteration of the Sunreef Yachts’ 80 has been on the drawing boards for several years. With 340m2 of living space, the Sunreef 80 is an all-around sailing superyacht ideal for exclusive getaways, charter and transoceanic adventures. It has a spacious 4-cabin layout, including the main saloon with a panoramic glazing and décor combining teak, quartz and metallic accents. The yacht’s imposing flybridge along with the bow terrace and cockpit create harmonious lounging spaces with unlimited options for customization.
Length 24.4 m / 80 Ft
Maximum Beam 11.5m / 37.7 Ft
Engines 2х225 HP – 2×228 HP
5. Benetti Delfino 95’ “Uriamir”: a new lifestyle
“Uriamir” is the second unit of the Delfino 95′ line, a 29-metre yacht with a fibreglass hull and carbon fibre superstructure. Her exteriors were designed by Giorgio M. Cassetta, while interiors were developed in accordance with the owner’s requests. The exceptionally large sundeck with two sofas and a second external pilot station is a real novelty for yachts of this size and features. The garage can accommodate a 4.4-metre tender. “Uriamir”can achieve a maximum speed of 14.5 knots and a range of 2,400 nautical miles at 10 knots.
And while “Uriamir” is already sold, you can own — or co-own another Benetti Delfino 95′ as well as Delfino 93’, Mediterraneo 116’ and Vivace 125’. Have you heard about co-ownership, the modern and smart way of owning a yacht?
SEANET: THE SMART WAY TO OWN A LUXURY BENETTI YACHT
SeaNet is the first European company to develop an innovative model of smart co-ownership for luxury yachts that range between 28 and 42 meters.
– SeaNet have hand-selected the yachts for their fleet based on the criteria of unsurpassed quality. Thanks to the exclusive global partnership between SeaNet and Benetti Yachts, members of the SeaNet group can became one of the owners of Benetti Mediterraneo 116’, Vivace 125’, Delfino 95’ or Delfino 93’
– The SeaNet model allows co-owners to purchase either 25%, 33%, 50% or 75% of the yacht.
The 75% Premium program allows co-owners to choose their yacht’s name, interiors and home port.
– The percentage of SeaNet co-ownership can be sold at any time, and annual charges starting from 500.000 EUR will remain the only cost (charges are subject to the yacht’s size and location of mooring).
– SeaNet yacht management service can include charter co-ordination, should owners choose to charter out their yacht.
– The SeaNet Concierge service covers every element of a co-owner’ trip: harbor and moorings, relevant local knowledge, yacht prep, including the purchase of food and beverages, activities and itineraries.
Image courtesy of The Cannes Yachting Festival, Benetti, Sunreef, Sunseeker, Ferretti, Azimut.