Magnificent seaside retreat on Virginia’s Eastern Shore. With unobstructed views of pristine barrier islands this Wachapreage estate is peacefully situated atop 5 acres and surrounded by another 73 acres of unsurpassed views from the second story hot tub. A nature lovers and an outdoor enthusiasts dream, bring your kayak and appetite for oysters with access to thousands of acres of pristine salt marshes. Spectacular sunrises over the barrier islands that remain forever unchanged offer views of Parramore Island and the long abandoned Coast Guard Station. Barrier islands south to the tip of the peninsula are owned by the State or the Nature Conservancy’s Virginia Coast Reserve, the longest coastal wilderness on the Eastern Seaboard. The property includes buffers to the north and south to ensure privacy. Fields are rented to local farms and are subject to reduced taxes as part of the County’s AFD program. The Delmarva Peninsula is a major fly-way for migrating birds and your front row seat is waiting to view the dozens of species pass through in the Fall and Spring. Watch flocks of snow geese flying up from the marsh as the rising sun catches their white wings dance across the backdrop of the blue skies. Exquisite all season gardens complete with Scottish boxwoods and a yew promenade. Spring into Fall blooms include camellias, sasanquas, crepe myrtles, rhododendrons, climbing roses, peonies, iris and hydrangeas. Enjoy a basketball half-court and an overabundance of lawn space on the east side of the estate for a weekend game of soccer or touch football. Less than 5 miles to boat ramps in “Flounder Capital of the World,” Wachapreague, or Quinby. Morning sunlight envelopes the historically elegant 5600 square foot colonial with original construction (c. 1820) that has been restored to retain its tradition and history, including original pine floors, 56’ tall hearth and root cellar. The center portion of the house was added (c. 1839), as well as a 1700’s building which was moved to the site. The central and main living portion added in 1992, was completely renovated and raised to allow for the installation of new brick foundation. At that time, the 2700 SF wing was added to the south side of the home including a new kitchen and family room, a guest bath and two bedrooms, two full bathrooms onto the 2nd floor. A billiard room and an expansive common area complement the entertainers appeal, along with an enclosed sunroom and gazebo. An apartment with private access is attached to the home, which includes 3 rooms and fantastic views. Satellite TV, DSL and cellular service extender are all onsite to ensure clear connections and entertainment. More recent technological additions include a gigabit-it-fiber conduit adjacent to the home for dedicated service. Updated systems include Trane HVAC in 2010 (3 units) a new roof as well as water softener in 2011.