This beautiful antebellum Greek Revival plantation house sits on over 6 acres of land in between Sumter and Camden in the town of Stateburg. The home was built in 1793 and attributed to General Thomas Sumter, known as ''The Gamecock'' from his American Revolution exploits. Renovated by previous owners, this home impeccably combines history with modern day conveniences. With 12-14 foot ceilings, gorgeous heart pine floors and unbelievable woodwork, each room is magnificent. If walls could talk and share stories of the past... General Sumter deeded this plantation in 1803 to the Honorable William D. James, who wrote the book, The Life of Francis Marion. Traditionally, each owner of this home has shared and passed down stories of its history- From the trap door next to the stairway that is said to have been an escape through a tunnel back to King's Highway, to the powder marks on the front door during the war. What a home full of stories and history! The property is comprised of three separate structures – First, a 5130 sq. ft, 5 BR/4.5 BA main house. In addition, the main house features a 243 sq. ft. screened porch and a 701 sq. ft. covered front veranda. Second, a 972 sq. ft , 3 BR/1 BA guest/caretaker house. In addition, the guest house has an adjoining 702 sq. ft. garage and a 766 sq. ft. covered kennel. Third, a 609 sq. ft., 1 BR/1 BA studio/guest house currently utilized by the owner as an office surrounded by nature and complete privacy. The property also comes with adjacent deeded access to an idyllic stocked fishing pond including a pier for observing wildlife or fishing.