Hacienda La Maya is a unique place in Panama. With a surface area of more than 15 hectares, this property offers a total of 9 bedrooms (6 in the main villa, 2 in the "Rancho" and one in the "Casita"), a driving range and a golf green, a tropical garden, stables with horses, a helipad, a hydroponic greenhouse, a meeting center, a teak forest, two sustainable energy systems (solar and wind) and many...
Hacienda La Maya is a unique place in Panama. With a surface area of more than 15 hectares, this property offers a total of 9 bedrooms (6 in the main villa, 2 in the "Rancho" and one in the "Casita"), a driving range and a golf green, a tropical garden, stables with horses, a helipad, a hydroponic greenhouse, a meeting center, a teak forest, two sustainable energy systems (solar and wind) and many other plantations. Hacienda La Maya is a property directed towards self-sufficiency and sustainable development, all in a beautiful environment, surrounding by nature.
If you’re looking to run a very profitable business, Hacienda La Maya can generates from 500K to 1M US$ per year.
1. Living in paradise La Maya is our tropical lifestyle dream ~ realized! Unique, rich in originality and a secluded private environment. Located in tropical countryside, the property is just over one hour from Panama City. Views of mountains, near Pacific beaches, golf, resorts, excellent medical facilities, shopping and restaurants. La Maya has it, all!
2. Spacious Casual Luxury, World class amenities The main villa is a 500 sq. meter hacienda-style home. Elegant mission style with all modern conveniences, appliances, designed for comfortable living. Many custom and artistic accents throughout the villa. Vaulted 20 feet high ceilings, open, airy. Host casual or sophisticated gatherings in a unique combination of rustic and Latin American style, custom made furnishings, embellished with antiques and collectables.
3. The villa Hacienda La Maya is a unique one-of-a-kind home. Thought, imagination and care is evident in every detail. Artists and designers collaborated in the unique decoration, also enhanced by the world-traveled owners’ collections. Designed with a large family in mind, the main house has six spacious bedrooms, each with a private bathroom, douche, shower, closet and individual air conditioning. Completely furnished, the hacienda would be perfect as an exclusive Bed & Breakfast, hotel, or business, conference, or retreat center.
4. Dining Areas Large formal and informal areas designed for special events, large families, reunions or weddings. Staff for parties and service are provided by staff who live within walking distance of the villa.
5. The Grand salon includes a home theater system, numerous lounging, reading, game areas.
6. Chef’s kitchen Large fully–equipped kitchen, walk-in pantry, organized for grand entertaining. Professional chef series refrigerator and freezer, dishwasher, disposal, gas cooktop & oven. Additional pantry and large storage area off the kitchen, with herb garden, washer, dryer, laundry double sink and recycling area.
7. Two separate Guesthouses: a family-style “Rancho” and a modern new “Casita” (1) The poolside guest “rancho” has two bedrooms, each with its own bathroom, shower, air conditioner and separate entrances. The rancho also has a large loft, a small a kitchenette and an indoor dining area. (2) Located up the golf driving-range hill is another completely independent, self-sufficient guest Casita. Custom designed and built by the owners, the casita has vaulted ceilings, spectacular views of the mountains and lovely breezes year-round. Modern, peaceful, simple, and private.
8. Forty years of mature landscaping: Botanical, tropical… insulated, but not isolated A virtual botanical garden, the hacienda's gentle rolling lawns surround flower and vegetable gardens, moringa, coconut, mango and fruit orchards. Exotic wildlife, birds, and colorful vegetation will dazzle and delight you. Bird enthusiasts travel from all over the world to observe the rare species that we may see every day! A large private ranch surrounds Hacienda La Maya, creating a natural insulation from other homes, traffic, and noise.
9. Serenity, Security, Comfortable living, Privacy. La Maya’s full time Property Manager provides maintenance of property, equipment, gardens, orchards and animal care. The housekeeper/cook walks to work, lives very close by. Property is secure by locked gates, motion sensor lighting systems on primary buildings.
10. Not just a place, La Maya is a unique, inspiring, and nearly a self-sufficient environment. - 400+ Moringa Oleifera trees produce powder, seeds, and seedlings, creating income. - Ready-to-harvest Teak tree plantations = $ in the bank! La Maya is a certified reforestation farm. - Your own world! Countless areas throughout the property for gardens, animals, walking, riding, exercising, lounging, additional structures, or other agriculture crops (hemp, for example). - Solar energy can be completed to provide hot water for the main house. - Wind energy production system can provide partial electricity for the property. - A productive 100 ft well provides delicious and pure water for the entire property and irrigation. - Automatic irrigation systems have been installed for lawns, flower gardens, fruit, moringa and palm orchards, green houses, animal pens, horse pasture and stable areas. - Organic vegetable gardens on the property produce plentifully for our table year-round. - Aquaponic greenhouse grows our vegetables, using a water from a nutrient-rich pond. - Grow your own! Small-animal husbandry is practiced at La Maya to raise our own meat and eggs. Lamb, rabbits, and ducks are raised in special enclosures, fed with organic garden and fruit from the farm. - Additional building sites on the property, many are level and some have hilltop ocean views. - Internet and an additional DSL line are installed in the villa, Wi-Fi functions on nearby terraces. - Helicopter pad can be used: a leveled circle located in the large open golf driving range. - Unique, outstanding: the hacienda is nearly self-sufficient, with organic vegetable gardens, fruit trees, renewable energy, and small-animal husbandry for personal use. This farm as a successful one-of-a-kind model for sustainable agriculture and eco living, and provides an excellent quality of life. These qualities make our property unique and outstanding, and should be attractive to responsible young families, or those with like values and thoughts to a future of our ever-more-challenged, polluted, insecure and over-populated world! Versatile: Own it. Live in it. Rent it. B&B it. Raise your family in it! Build a research center, a retirement community. La Maya is unique in the world!
11. Outdoor Living! BBQ grill, a custom-built "Smoker", granite countertops and a small sink. The outdoor cooking and prep area actually gets as much use as our indoor kitchen! Lighted, close to the bar and pool, with multiple patios to choose from. The “Bohio’. Palm-roofed Cocktail and snack bar. Our favorite entertainment and lounging spot. The cocktail bar is covered with traditional thatch roof, has lights and fans for those sultry evenings. Pool. Swimming pool with fountain and jacuzzi. Custom designed outdoor shower near the jacuzzi. Another dining area is next to the pool, shaded by a fragrant flowering arbor. Concrete sculptures nearby.
14. Golf practice green. Lighted golf putting green and driving range. Made to professional specifications by La Maya’s previous owner who was an avid golfer, competing in international tournaments!
15. The Arts Center, for meeting & events. The is the perfect facility to use as an art studio, yoga space, or to offer courses, workshops, meetings. 300 sq. meters of space, divided into three large rooms. Air conditioned. Indoor and outdoor workspaces, includes work sinks, a full bathroom with shower, parking.
16. Fully equipped workshop and farm equipment storage area. Approximately 200 sq. meters. Built-in shelving, large storage area, two sinks, electricity (both 110 and 220 AC), covered parking areas.
17. Horses & hiking trails. Hacienda La Maya has horses, stables, tack, and tack room to effortlessly enjoy the local countryside by horseback (also convenient for surveying all the growing progress on the farm!)
18. Close to it “all”. Excellent local bars, restaurants, beauty spas, gourmet shopping, farmers market, building, auto, and home supplies. An emergency hospital 5 minutes away, clinics for every kind of medical need found locally. Beautiful beaches for walking, basking, or surfing are only minutes from the property, a river is 3 minutes' walk from the villa. AND the hacienda is in easy proximity to a bustling and ever-more sophisticated Panama City, often compared to Miami and Dubai.
19. Community service. As our “thank you” to Panama, since 2006 La Maya offered free classes for English, Art for Kids, and various community activities. La Maya has hosted instructors and groups, offering workshops, including: Painting, Creative Writing, Yoga, alternative medicine, ECO building seminars, a Farmers' Market, Art Bazaars, various Musical Events. La Maya also sponsors and supports local little league baseball and soccer teams.
20. Tourism activities. Tourism activities are easily accessible from Hacienda La Maya. The most popular are the nearby beaches and golf courses, and the extinct volcano, El Valle de Anton. Easily visit Panama’s rainforests, coastline, fishing expeditions, islands, archeological sites, beaches and popular surfing spots.
Property and Sale details. Property dimensions: 15+ hectares or nearly 40 acres. The property is encompassed by roads on 3 sides, has 3 gated entrances. Teak trees: 3 separate plantings, approximately 2500 trees, most are currently harvestable.
Hacienda Maya owners offer the property for sale “as is”, fully furnished (aside from owners' personal items).
The Republic of Panama offers interesting possibilities for immigration, residency, and investment. Reforestation investments provide interesting tax advantages. Panama is booming with business and development of every kind. In the past 12 years huge strides have been made in Panama to create a safe, modern, and profitable environment in which to work and live.