“Unique” is the only word that can do justice to this stunning historic double farmhouse. A tour around this beautiful property evokes a genuine sense of calm, space, authenticity, privacy and luxury. You are warmly invited to a viewing and to see for yourself a property that cannot be fully described in a brochure.
This unique farmhouse, dating partly from 1870 and partly from 1961, was completely renovated in 2001 to create a state-of-the-art and elegant property that is completely at home in its environment. The location is unique too, on a large plot covering 1635 m² right on the Schie waterway, bordering beautiful countryside but is still very conveniently situated just a short drive from Rotterdam centre (10 minutes), Delft and The Hague (15 minutes). Amenities, including schools and shopping centres, can be found at a distance of 1.5 km and can also be reached by cycle path. The beautiful, architecturally-designed wildlife garden features various terraces, an outbuilding with thatched roof and veranda, and a swimming pool. The garden provides direct access to the adjoining natural countryside and the Schie. A golf course is being developed in the immediate vicinity (walking distance).
Ground floor: entrance, spacious hall with high ceiling, cloakroom, meter cupboard, corridor with sliding doors opening onto the garden, double steel doors leading to the kitchen diner with luxury kitchen and a range of integrated appliances, spacious upper room/sitting-room with antique French fireplace (gas), utility room with worktop and connections for washing machine/tumble dryer and central heating system, bathroom with shower, washbasin and wall-mounted toilet and mechanical ventilation, very spacious day-lit former cheese cellar.
Upstairs: spacious landing fitted out as dressing room, large Master bedroom with high ceiling and a beautiful view over the Schie, built-in wardrobes and an attic, spacious, luxury bathroom with double bath, wall-mounted toilet, double washbasin, walk-in shower and underfloor heating with mechanical ventilation.
Ground floor: leading out from the entrance and spacious hall mentioned above, sliding steel doors into very spacious second living room with large antique fireplace and sliding doors leading into the garden, third sitting room/office with open fireplace and sliding doors leading into the garden, wall-mounted toilet and sink, very spacious "garden kitchen/workshop" with waxed concrete worktop, various appliances, built-in cupboard and access to the garden.
Upstairs: landing, bedroom with built-in wardrobes, luxury bathroom with bath, wall-mounted toilet, washbasin and walk-in shower and underfloor heating, en suite, bedroom with built-in wardrobe and a beautiful view over the Schie, bathroom with walk-in shower, double washbasin, toilet and underfloor heating.
• Year of construction 1870, partly 1961, totally renovated in 2001
• Located in one of the “five De Kandelaar hamlets" in Rotterdam
• 1635 m² private grounds
• Central waterside location in the open countryside
• Situated in a recreation area with numerous walking, cycling and bridle paths, recreation lake, golf course
• All amenities (schools, shops, sports clubs, etc.) within 1.5 km
• Beautifully-landscaped garden with outbuilding and swimming pool
• Outbuilding with thatched roof and veranda
• On-site parking for several vehicles
• Underfloor heating across the whole of the ground floor
• All bathrooms fitted with underfloor heating
• Fully insulated
• Central heating (two combination boilers)
• Fitted with advanced alarm system
• The property is ideal for double occupation, home care, home office or bed and breakfast
• Completion date in consultation
No rights may be derived from this offer.