Chalet in Queige, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France
Stylish renovation of charming traditional chalet for sale in Queige. Huge living spaces and br
101121CCO73 - This splendid old Beaufortain chalet has been tastefully refurbished into a beautiful and stylish family home, retaining many features of the original 18th century farmhouse. The spacious ground floor living area includes a log burner and large south-facing terrace, with traditional wooden stairs leading you up to three large double bedrooms, an enormous living/games room with mezzanine and a leisure room with hot tub and sauna. The real star of the show, however, is the amazing top-floor 54m2 master bedroom with floor-to-ceiling picture windows and adjoining home cinema tucked under the eaves. Altogether, this is a special property that will make a wonderful home in the heart of the Alps. - The chalet has 320m2 of living space, over four levels:
- Storage caves and workshop
- Main entrance with hallway/utility room
- Lounge (40m2) with log burner and original wooden hay trough
- Dining room (20m2) on the other side of the log burner
- Fully-equipped kitchen (25m2)
- South-facing terrace (20m2) accessed from both dining room and kitchen
- One independent WC
- Three double bedrooms (12m2 each) with adjoining balcony
- Two shower-rooms
- One independent WC
- Huge living/games room (40m2) with mezzanine play area and ensuite bathroom
- Leisure room with hot tub and sauna
- Magnificent master bedroom (54m2) with panoramic picture windows
- Home cinema room (25m2) that could be converted to a further bedroom
The garden has a small tree cabin and there is a double car shelter beside the road at the foot of the property. The total size of the plot is 13,382m2; some of this land is used for cattle grazing by neighbouring farms at certain times of the year. Deer and other wildlife are frequent visitors to the garden.
The chalet enjoys a peaceful rural location within the commune of Queige, although it is actually closer to the village of Villard-sur-Doron, where there is a large supermarket that serves much of the valley, as well as other local amenities. The ski station of Bisanne 1500 is 6km from the chalet, giving access to Les Saisies and the Espace Diamant ski areas. The pretty village of Beaufort - home of the famous cheese of the same name - is 9km away. In summer, the area enjoys superb hiking around the many high-altitude lakes and forests, and there is also world-class road cycling - the Tour de France has passed through twice in recent years and will do so again in 2019.
Beaufort 9km, Albertville (nearest train station) 15km, Megève 35km, Annecy 52km, Chambéry Airport 75km, Geneva Airport 95km, Lyon Airport 150km
Please click on my photo above to view the full portfolio of properties for sale in Les Saisies and the Val d'Arly.
Queige, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France