Some 15 years ago, featuring on the back of his golf links design at the Southern end of the famous Four Mile Beach, Michael Wolveridge created a tropical garden estate on four acres - a sheltered enclave - cut loose for Special Residential Development.
The original"Batujimbar" is an exotic arrangement of beach and garden cottages brainchild of noted Ceylonese architect Geoffrey Bawa and his client, artist Donald Friend at Sanur Beach on the island of Bali. Port Douglas "Batujimba" emerged within a cleared area of tropical rainforest, an exotic collection of pavilions set beside a large and beautiful private lake. Covered in water lilies and lotus, there is a small rowing boat for fishing and exploration tied up at the end of a delightful little jetty.
Surrounded by lawns and stunning gardens, each pavilion enjoys views of the lake which sits peacefully beneath the tall rainforest trees, an utterly private home for countless birds and flowers.
The home consists of:
* Private entrance surrounded by rainforest and garden
* Carpeted entrance to the property with walkways to guest bedroom and
* Kitchen/dining area with large overhanging expansive deck
* Master suite with walk in robes and large bathroom
* Three guest bedrooms with en-suites and two with showers in the garden
* Living room with large deck overlooking lake
* Undercover casual outside dining and lounge area overlook tropical garden
* Two car garage with room for golf cart
* Two car undercover parking spaces
* Expansive lawn area and beautiful gardens surrounding the property
* Charming walking path to the 17 metre shared pool and dining pavilion
* 50 Metres Lake Frontage
This is an exquisite home built to the highest standards - an inspection is a must.