218 Sleepy Hollow Rd, New Canaan, CT 06840
5616 sqft (522 sqm)
One of the stars of New Canaan's legacy of mid-century modernism, the Wiley House, designed by Philip Johnson in the early 1950's, was restored by Roger Ferris + Partners. Johnson's double-height glass pavilion with its living room and subtly hidden but generous galley kitchen cantilevers out over the fieldstone base. The slope of the land allows the lower-level rooms with the light marble floors full views of the property. The vintage swimming pool with its original diving pad is a twin to the circular pool at Johnson's Glass House. A new pool house built into the hill and the reconstructed barn/art gallery form their own separate courtyard. A stand of towering Hickory trees creates a cathedral space around the house.