Witnesses of a long history
Still today one can find many incredible witnesses of the ancient glorious time such as remarkable and unique stone constructions for stairways, the gothic vaults, the historical built-in arches, vaults, and stone walls in the park wing. Spread over the magnificent area of the 64ha, there are a Roman wash-room, a Roman well, greenhouses that are built in and under naturally formed rocks and stones, a sun-temple from the Celtic era, a park with centuries old trees, rows of olive trees, vineyards, fields, sparkling springs, fruit orchards, some forest and plenty of garrigue the typical South France scrubland with wild rosemary, thyme etc. The initial church of the Chateau was rebuilt in the 18th and used in the 20th century as wine-storage. Now carefully restored by the present owners, the church serves as meeting place and platform for cultural events.
Detailed Description of the Buildings
1) Château Southern wing
9 Apartments between 59m² and 156m², in total 900m² of space.
2) Separate small house to the east with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, in total 90m².
3) Château Northern wing
- 4 Apartments between 69m² and 145m², in total 450m² space.
- Restaurant with vaulted ceiling, about 120m², two toilets
- Fully equipped professional kitchen, with several ovens, fridges, sinks etc., appr.65m²
- Office with Internet access, W-Lan 25m²
- First and second floor levels are partially still to be restored. There are about 300m² left for further living space.
4) Charming detached Mas about 100m² including cellar, little garden and a small private swimming pool.
5) Hangar/Barn about 170m²
6) Church about 180m² partly restored, used as meeting place and for cultural events.
7) Poissonnerie 30m², extension is possible for a 1 bedroom apartment.
8) Cave/former winery about 570m².
9) There is a large heated infinity swimming pool with electric rolling shutter
10) Tennis court
11) Large parking area at short distance from the Castle but not in sight
The property includes a total of 64ha of land. There are the surroundings of the Castle with the park with centuries old trees and a 'jardin à la française' which is an area with box hedges, courtyards, the swimming pool with its terraces and many inspiring places to relax.
Further there are today about 2.5ha of vineyard but they are abandonned. At the time there were about 54ha of vineyards planted. Today it would be possible to replant the property and develop again a winebusiness, knowing that it is a 'terroire AOC', new AOP. When it was a working vineyard, they had their own label. There is a very good potential to develop a profitable wine business with a prestigious brand and label.
The remaining grounds are fields and meadows, a dirt track bordered with 150 olive trees, a fruit orchard, forest and plenty of 'garrigue' scrubland which was in the past mostly vineyards.
The water is supplied by the town; there are as well 2 springs, a watering system for the Castle surround and an own sewage purifying treatment.
The Southern and Northern wings of the Castle have been rebuilt during 2002 and 2003 to the highest standards with the knowledge to keep authenticity and charm. Every unit has its independent electricity meter, hot water tank and electric heating. The detached 2 houses have been refurbished in 2010.
In total today there are more then 1700m² restored. In the Northern wing are about 300m² still to be restored as well as the numerous outbuildings offer scope for further developments.
The property is sold fully furnished, from the Restaurant, the kitchen over all apartments and houses; just about 25 items are personnel and therefore not included.
A property to fall in love with, unique and not comparable!
DPE not applicable.