This charming four-over-four farmhouse (5BR/3BA) and striking converted barn (2BR/2BA) is on an elevated 26+ acres of waterfront. Frontage on the clean Piankatank River includes a beautiful crescent sand beach with deep water just offshore. Walking trail and woodland enhance the appeal, providing extreme privacy while enjoying a country setting on the riverfront. The main house includes a wonderful large country kitchen with wood-burning fireplace, two more fireplaces, glassed and screened all-weather porch. The grounds have massive mature trees and established plantings, complete with a 36,000 gallon in-ground pool. This property would make a beautiful residence or an ideal weekend retreat, offering bountiful space for family and friends.
Other features include:
• Waterfront, but high (~35' on a plateau) above the water. Safe from flooding.
• Beautiful unspoiled private crescent sand beach 700+ feet long; no erosion even in the worst storms.
• Adjacent shell beach and cliff about 300' long.
• Water is 15' deep not far from shore.
• Property is very private and quiet. Dwellings are over 1200' from the road with dense woods between; neighbors are not close.
• 1+ mile walking/exercise on-property trail.
• Large in-ground swimming pool.
• Approximately 4 miles by water to the open Chesapeake Bay.
• Located on the Piankatank River; very clean, salt water.
• Huge old established trees; some 6' in diameter. Large crop from fig trees and blueberry bushes.
• Three bored wells, interconnected; good reliable water. Filters and softeners installed.