If you are looking for a riverfront home with a beach, it will be hard to top this one. The beach, rarely found in property offerings, is a 900-foot crescent of sand fronting the clean, salt waters of the Piankatank River, a tidal arm of the Chesapeake Bay. Enjoy crabbing, fishing, boating, and swimming. The dwellings, a charming four-over-four Victorian (5BR/3BA) and a striking converted barn (2BR/2BA) are on an elevated plateau about 35' above river level, safe from flooding and storm surges. A walking trail (1 mile) and woodlands enhance the appeal, providing extreme privacy while enjoying a country setting on the riverfront. Events of 300 or more guests are easily accommodated on the spacious lawns. The main house includes a wonderful large country kitchen with wood-burning fireplace, two more fireplaces, glassed and screened all-weather porch overlooking the river. The grounds have massive mature trees and established plantings, and a 36,000 gallon in-ground swimming pool. This 26+ acre property would make a beautiful residence or an ideal weekend retreat, offering bountiful space for family and friends. It has been in the same family for 50 years.
• 26.96 acres
• Waterfront, but high (~35' on a plateau) above the water. Safe from flooding.
• Beautiful unspoiled private crescent sand beach 900 feet long; no erosion even in the worst storms.
• Adjacent shell beach and cliff 290' long.
• Water is 15' deep not far from shore.
• Property is very private and quiet. Dwellings are over 1200' from the road with dense woods between; neighbors are not close.
• 1+ mile walking/exercise on-property trail.
• Large in-ground swimming pool.
• Approximately 4 miles by water to the open Chesapeake Bay.
• Located on the Piankatank River; very clean, salt water.
• Huge old established trees; some 6' in diameter. Large crop from fig trees and blueberry bushes.
• Three bored wells, interconnected; good reliable water. Filters and softeners installed.