124 sqm (1335 sqft)
11535.0 sqm (124161.6 sqft)
Surrounded by woods and fields is this exceptionally charming detached country home with a large garden and neighboring fields. The two plots belonging to this home span no less than 11,535 m2! This 123m2 country home has retained its original layout and many of the original period features have been preserved, including the shutters, panel doors, mantel, built-in china cabinet, etc.
The property is in a gorgeous setting: amidst vast fields, lush lanes with beautiful farmhouses and the close to the forests of Lage Vuursche, ensuring endless options for long walks or bicycle rides to explore the area. The peaceful nearby village of Maartensdijk offers a small shopping center, three elementary schools, sports clubs (incl. tennis, squash, soccer) and daycare. The neighboring town of Hollandsche Rading has an NS train station, with quick connections to Utrecht and Amsterdam. Approximately 8kms away, Hilversum offers a wide range of school, including the International School, shops and restaurants, and the bustling city of Utrecht is a mere 12 kms away!
So: are you looking for a tranquil living environment, and want to be close to big city amenities? We look forward to showing you this unique property.
Ground floor: entrance, spacious hall with the meter cupboard, original tiling and charming round window. Charming living room with the original black marble fireplace mantel and paned windows looking out to the front garden dominated by the nearly one-hundred year old oak tree - which in times of old offered a shady spot for the cows to rest on hot days.
Passage to the second room, which was used by the owner as a bedroom, but would serve as an ideal dining room, den or family room. The cozy kitchen lounge is almost completely intact and features a large built-in china cabinet, granite worktops and the original kitchen cupboards. The kitchen leads to the cellar (with a window). The preservation container, which was used to preserve meat, has also remained.
Behind the kitchen is a large pantry/ boot room, with a small kitchen unit, shower area, toilet and the fittings for the laundry machine. This room can be accessed via the back door.
First floor: this floor currently accommodates two bedrooms, one of which features a fitted double wardrobe. You can also find the original 'apple attic' here, which was used in the past to store apples picked from the garden. This floor has an extremely large landing, and would allow for the creation of a third bedroom and a bathroom.
The property is comprised of two land registry parcels:
- Municipality of Maartensdijk, section N, number 988, size 1.470 m2. This is the plot on which the country house has been built. The backyard faces the sunny south and measures 40m long by 20m wide. At the time that the house was built, several trees were also planted, which lend the property its current prominent character. This includes the stunning beech tree in the front garden. The back yard has two extraordinary, tall conifers, that serve as the 'gateway' to the paddock. You will also find an apple and a pear tree, an old-fashioned rainwater well and a pond. The large detached barn used to house the horse and carriage. The shed is now ideal for use as a garage, large storage or - after renovations - as an office/ private practice.
- The second parcel is the paddock next to the house, measuring approximately 110m long and 80m wide. The paddock is registered with the land registry as Municipality of Maartensdijk, section N, number 989 and spans 10,065 m2. The paddock has two private entrances, on Dorpsweg and Bantamlaan.
• All rooms offer fabulous views of the surrounding landscape
• Charming paned windows and shutters on the outside
• Heating by means of gas heaters
• Many of the original hinges/locks/hardware has been preserved
• Option to extend the ground floor
• Option to create an additional bedroom and bathroom on the first floor.