A wonderful example of mid 19th Century architecture, restored with enormous affection, taste and attention to detail.
The house sits on one corner of the square, which used to be the site of The Cannon Brewery, surrounded by attractive, contemporary design, office/ residential buildings. The contrast in style serves to highlight the beauty of the former Brewery Yard Office building. The grand proportions of the building cater perfectly for loft style living.
The property consists of 4 Bedrooms,3 Reception rooms, a terrace and underground secure parking.
The Cannon Brewery originated with a brewhouse attached to the Unicorn inn, which stood towards the northern end of the site. It was in existence by the early 1670s. In 1764 the brewery was acquired, with other property in the vicinity, by Samuel and Rivers Dickinson of Chick Lane, whose family were long-established brewers and maltsters in London and Hertfordshire.
The oldest surviving building is the former Brewery Yard Offices. This was erected directly behind the old main entrance in 1874-5. Built of soft red brick with stone dressings, with an ogee-capped turret and bracket clock, it comprised a counting-house and offices above a basement beer-cellar. Carved barley and hops decorate the capitals of the doorway, a theme continued in coloured mosaic on the floor inside.