This magnificent gated estate features Mid-Century Modern architecture sited on a secluded sun-drenched knoll. The one-of-a-kind villa is surrounded by glorious views of Mount Tamalpais and lovely landscaped grounds. Escape to your own family retreat or join the scene in vibrant, charming downtown Larkspur, an easy three blocks away.
The Wisteria-draped front porch leads to the large common living spaces. Living room, library and dining area flow seamlessly to the updated kitchen, sunroom, patios, gardens and play yard. Oversized windows bring in wonderful light and the verdant surroundings. An office with powder room complete the main floor.
The gated estate is comprised of:
- A 5,100 square foot residence (Per Owner) on an 18,000 square feet lo;
- 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 2 half baths on four floors.
- Main Floor: Gracious front porch leads to main common living spaces.
- Middle Floor: The master suite and three bedrooms all opening to viewing decks.
- Top Floor: Au pair, guest or in-law suite with a kitchenette, full bath and huge, stunning, deck for 180 degree viewing featuring Mount Tamalpais and wooded open space.
- Lower level: Large family room or guest suite with fireplace, full bath and sauna, walk-in closet and access directly to the pool deck and pool. Large storage rooms.
- Pool house: A separate pool house with changing stalls and full bath.
- Studio space: Large room adjacent to pool house over the garage, ideal for an art studio, exercise room, workshop or to create an apartment. (Confirm with City).
- Two-car detached garage and storage. Space for 7-8 vehicles on driveway.
- Pool Area: Large beautiful solar-heated pool rebuilt recently along the huge slate-tiled pool deck and sport court.
- Systems: The home and pool have solar, four on-demand, water heaters.
The many patios, gardens and play areas set among the trees and views make this a wonderland for kids of all ages. This home in its spectacular setting offers the potential to create a stunning family compound.
Larkspur is one of the most charming towns in all of Marin County with a population of 12,000 and some of the best schools in the country. Located less than fifteen miles from San Francisco, Larkspur is located in the center of the county. The town of Larkspur has Marin's main ferry terminal located in the Larkspur Landing area on the San Francisco Bay, which makes for an easy commute for passengers headed to the Financial District in San Francisco. There is also a scenic downtown, which is officially listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The main street, Magnolia Avenue, is lined with small boutique shops and an assortment of fine restaurants.
For more information about Larkspur go to: https://www.goldengatesir.com/eng/localguide/larkspur-ca