Breath in the mountain air, feel the warmth of the sun upon your face as you sit on the deck of this custom built home. You open your eyes and see the Colorado Rockies. You watch as the sun is reflected off of the snow covered peaks.
This is just one of the things you could do in your dream house. This custom built one owner home is a thing of beauty. It was designed and built by the owner. On the main level it has 3 bedrooms including the master. Each bedroom has its own full bath. There is a dining room which is separated from the living room with a double sided rock fireplace. The kitchen is custom as well. Oak cabinetry, built in ovens, fridge and an island with a stove top plus hide away vent. Open to the rest of the house. Oh did I mention the indoor swimming pool? There is one! go through one of two sets of double pocket doors into the pool room. It is custom built as well, and includes the maintenance room plus a changing/bathroom.
The floors are hardwood oak, as is the trim and chair rails. All of the doors are solid oak. The ceiling is vaulted giving you a sense that this 6062 square house is bigger than it is. There are ceiling fans, and automatic skylights that will close or open depending upon the weather. The basement has another 2 bedrooms plus a full bath, plus a family room and storage room. There is a walk out which will lead you to a patio on the south side of the house. You are within but a few feet of a salt lick for Elk and Deer.
The deck is a wrap around that is on the east and south sides of the house. The house is semi bermed to allow for warmth in the winter and cooling in the summer. The walls are 2x12 on the outside and 2x6 on the interior, well insulated for heat and cooling. The pool room was built in its own foundation for stability and allows it to have been special designed and built. The exterior is stone and the roof is metal so there is little is no maintenance needed. The attached garage can hold 2 to 3 vehicles, and there is an additional room which houses a generator incase the electricity goes out, something that has only happened once since the house was built in 1998. There are two heating sources for the house and the pool. One is propane, there are 2 1000 gallon tanks that are owned, not rented, and a wood burning water heater. Both systems are efficient and continuous.
A short distance from the house is a 3000 square foot pole barn that is being used as a garage and shop, but could be converted to a barn for livestock. Just to the east of the barn is a 100x300 foot pond with live water. There are fish in the pond. Elk and Deer drink from it and are seen almost everyday in the area. Plenty of rock outcroppings and trees. The property is at the end of the road. The road is private and used by only the homeowners. Near by there is a recreational area, bicycling, hiking, skiing, hunting, anything you want to do outside you can pretty much do it here. Close enough to Laramie for the convenience of shopping, yet far enough away for the solitude. By the way, there are some really great neighbors living in the area. There are a lot of upgrades and updates on tis property, so if you are interested please call or get in touch and a list will be sent. Shown by appointment only this is truly great home.
- Age: 11-20 Years Old
- Appliances: Dishwasher, Double Oven, Dryer, Microwave, Range / Oven, Refrigerator, Trash Compactor, Washer
- Area Amenities: Biking, Area Fishing, Area Hiking, Area Hunting, Area Skiing, Area Snowmobiling, Jogging / Biking Path
- Area Description: Fishing, Mountain, Skiing, Cycling, Hunting
- Basement: Finished
- Bath Features: Tub and Shower
- Body of Water: Pond
- Cooling: No A/C
- Exterior: Out Building
- Exterior Description: Stone
- Exterior Living Space: Patio, Deck, Porch, Terrace
- Fencing: Partially Fenced, Wood Fence
- Fireplace Count: 1 Fireplace
- Fireplace Description: Gas
- Flooring: Hardwood, Mixed, Wall to Wall Carpet
- Garage Count: 2 Car Garage
- Garage Description: RV Parking, Attached Garage, Detached Garage
- General: Skylight, Ceiling Fan(s), Smoke Detector, Storage Area
- Heating - Fuel Type: Wood, Propane
- Heating Type: Heat Pump, Forced Air
- Interior: Vaulted Ceilings, Bay/Bow Window
- Kitchen Features: Eat-in Kitchen, Kitchen Facilities, Center Island, Breakfast Bar
- Lot Description: Pond on Lot, Stream on Lot, Irregular
- Lot Size: 20-50 Acres
- Pre-Wiring: Garage Door, Security System
- Property Description: Acreage
- Road Type: Private Road
- Roof: Metal Roof
- Sewer: Septic
- Special Market: Luxury Properties, International Properties
- Style: 1 Level Ranch
- Water: Well