This villa is one of the most beautiful properties of the Chianti Classico, in Tuscany, dating back to the 13th century. Location The historic Renaissance Villa with its variety of classic Tuscan gardens is situated on a hill near Mercatale in Val di Pesa, 14 km from the historic center of Florence. The vineyards and olive groves that produce fine wines and oils have always covered this fascinating area. Small villages, parish churches and castles of great cultural and historical interest make the most of this countryside. The estate is located in the southerm part of Florence, just 30 minutes drive from the center of Florence and Florence airport. Only 50 minutes to Siena. Close to the Chianti towns of Impruneta and Greve in Chianti, and in the heart of the famous Chianti Classico region of Tuscany. The villa was once used as a convent for girls and later as an agricultural estate. In recent years, the famous Dutch painter Karel Appel lived and worked in the Atelier between 1989 and 2000. Buildings description This magnificent estate includes 1,900 square feet, or more than 20,000 square feet of living space surrounded by 5 hectares. There are two luxurious private villas, three ateliers and a historic residence offering four apartments. The local artisans who use the best Tuscan materials, which give a typically Italian touch, have carefully renovated the elegant interiors of the estate. The main villa of about 500 m2, finely restored, surrounded by large terraces and private park with various gardens including a magnificent classical Italian garden. The villa consists of a large and elegant entrance with a characteristic stone staircase. The large bright main room with fireplace, with direct access to a splendid panoramic terrace for outdoor dining. There is a large kitchen and dining room, a private study and a guest toilet. On the wing of the villa on the ground floor, they house an office and a large double bedroom and bathroom. On the first floor there are two large reception rooms, a living area and the other as a library. On this floor it houses another four large bedrooms all with private bathrooms. From the living area, a staircase leads to a large panoramic tower. The private Chapel dates back to 1647. A complete restoration was carried out in 2005, where original ancient wall decorations on the upper part of the walls were found under the plaster and professionally restored. Painting of Saint Lucia on the altar. The original painting (1647 by Jacopo Vignali was removed in 1990 and since then inserted in the Great Hall of the Villa. This property is considerable, one of the largest in the area. The imposing Villa Padronale is located in a dominant position on the highest point of the estate, there are three other properties on the estate. Together with the private villa, the estate offers additional holiday accommodation. There are 9 different apartments and houses, a luxurious detached villa, Casa Rosa, Atelier with three apartments and the Fattoria, which consists of four apartments. State and finishes All the properties have been carefully restored by local Tuscan artisans, strictly according to the rules of the "Belle Arte". Refined Tuscan colors, ceilings with wooden beams and original terracotta floors. Tastefully decorated bedrooms (air conditioning) with romantic wrought iron beds and marble bathrooms. Everywhere terraces overlooking the Tuscan countryside. Outside spaces Impressive cypress trees lead to the entrance gate of the main estate, which includes a historic chapel built around 1647 and classical-inspired motifs decorated with fountains and marble sculptures. Characterized by the beauty of the Tuscan countryside, the grounds are adorned with four splendid formal gardens: the Giardino Secreto, the Lavanda Garden, the Rose Garden, the Romantic Park, olive groves, vineyards and a private forest. The estate offers many services including a playground, ping-pong and three swimming pools surrounded by large terraces, which are perfectly positioned to face the breathtaking views of the surrounding gardens, forestry and the Chianti hills. The imposing cypresses lead to the entrance gate of the main Villa. Here the main villa, the historic chapel (1647) and four traditional gardens with fountains and sculptures: Giardino Secreto, lavender garden, rose garden and the Romantic Park, as well as a private forest. We find luxury accommodation available to guests: two private villas, three Atelier apartments and four independent apartments. Three pools. The estate covers 5 hectares consisting of beautiful parks and private gardens, three beautiful pools and terraces. The estate also houses a small vineyard of almost one hectare of Chianti and an olive grove with a good production of olive oil. Potential use Ideal as a luxury resort and an important private villa.