Henley Park, an historic mansion house sitting in a Parkland setting with origins dating back to Domesday, is a 3,500 sq ft Georgian wing offering an impressive double length reception room, five bedrooms and three bathrooms with views over the Hogs Back.
Henley Park has many tales to tell from the Black Death to royalty, sexual scandal and a role in the Second World War effort. The one-time royal hunting estate’s historic mansion house occupies an imposing position on a ridge north of the village of Normandy and is set within parkland, with views over woodland to the Hogs Back. Normandy can trace its history back to the Conqueror, whilst Henley Park was part of the royal Forest of Windsor as early as the 12th Century. After a succession of royal and noble owners it finally passed in to private hands around 1630. It was rebuilt in the Georgian style and was finally restored in 1998. The property offers elegant and spacious accommodation over four floors with characteristic features and style reminiscent of its origins.
The wing offers some 3,500 sq ft of living space to include a double length reception room, five bedrooms and three bathrooms and a modern Shaker style kitchen.
Outside: Situated behind wrought iron, electric gates, Henley Park is approached over a long drive bordered by well-maintained communal lawns and woodland. To the front there is a turning space with parking area and to the rear, a detached double garage and two private allocated parking spaces. The secluded walled garden with gravelled terrace and lawns and neatly tended borders lies to the south and to the west of the house. The lawns slope down from the terrace to a fenced boundary over-looking an attractive mature woodland with beautiful and extensive scenic countryside walking area reached via the gate at the bottom of the lawn.