An elegant tourist location, popular since the end of the 19th century, Gressoney is known for its distinctive architecture and enchanting natural beauty.
It is in a scenic position, with views of the Italian side of Monte Rosa, and is a privileged starting point for alpine excursions and crossings, with cross-country ski routes at just 100 metres and at 600 metres from the ski lift facilities of the Weissmatten.
The hotel has a gross floor area of almost 1,700 sqm. It is located just 10 minutes on foot from the town centre and has a restaurant, a bar, a games/meeting room, a small tavern, a massage room, 13 spacious bedrooms divided into standard rooms, family suites and suites, plus a private garden.
Gressoney is a popular location in all seasons: in winter you can ski on the legendary slopes of the Weissmatten, amid centuries-old Swiss pines and little frozen lakes. The black slope and the competitive "Leonardo David" routes make this area one of Monterosa Ski’s most suitable spots for demanding skiers. There is no lack of opportunities for cross-country skiing enthusiasts, for whom a 25 km circular route is available.
In summer the resort hosts activities and events, bringing intensity to the visitor’s days.
Description of buildings
Hotel a Gressoney was completely renovated a few years ago and has a gross floor area of almost 1,700 sqm spread over multiple levels, which are also connected by a lift:
• In the basement, there is a small tavern with all the technical and utility rooms, a games room, a laundry, a room set up as a wellness area and a service exit to the outside;
• On the ground floor, there is the reception, a lounge/bar with large glass doors and a restaurant with access to the external garden. Also on the same floor, there is the hotel kitchen;
• On the upper floors, there are different types of bedrooms: 6 family suites (ideal for families, measuring from 50 to 55 sqm and consisting of living room, bedroom and bathroom), 5 suites (of approximately 45 sqm, with a sleeping area and lounge, a walk-in wardrobe, a balcony and a bathroom with a whirlpool bath) and 2 standard rooms, also with bathroom.
Energy efficiency class: G.
The hotel is in excellent condition and its features and style are typical of the location.
The entire ground floor is paved with local stone of a golden green colour, while antiqued effect ceramics and wood have been used on the first floor. The flooring on all other storeys are in fine quality wooden floorboards.
In the restaurant, wooden panelling and subtle lighting allows you to enjoy an atmosphere that is warm and, at the same time, elegant.
Hotel a Gressoney is surrounded by approximately 1700 sqm of land, of which about 400 sqm is kept as garden that blends perfectly with the surrounding green meadows, crossed by the river Lys, flowing gently to provide a sense of peace and tranquillity.
An ample car park is available to customers, while just a few meters from the entrance there is the shuttle bus stop, serving the entire ski resort of Gressoney.
Facilities & utilities
• An emergency generator for supplying electricity in case of a loss of electricity;
• Underfloor heating system;
• Solar panels producing hot water;
• Alarm system.
Usage and potential
Thanks to its location, in one of Italy's most popular mountain resorts, and to the large size of the property, its ideal use is undoubtedly as tourist accommodation, with the possibility, if desired, to build an outdoor swimming pool (by requesting the appropriate permissions) or a wellness area in the basement.