Prestigious Castle with 118ha of land and a well-working accommodation facility in Gaiole in Chianti, surrounded by the Colline del Chianti hills.
This castle is located approximately 20 minutes away from the Siena city center and 60 minutes from Florence. The airport of Ampugnano is only 40 minutes far and the airport of Firenze approximately 90 minutes far. The property, that is in the “Dimore d’epoca” list and is a national monument, offers an enchanting view in an absolute privacy.
The accommodation facility comprises rooms and suites inside the castle, apartments in the hamlet, that is approximately 50mt far, and a perfectly renovated barn used as an apartment.
The castle rooms are divided as follows:
1) Elegant double bedrooms.
2) Prestigious rooms at the first floor of the castle, unique in style and furnishings. Bathrooms are equipped with either a bath or a shower.
3) Elegant and refined rooms, with antique furniture, high ceilings and exposed beams. Located on the top floor of the tower, the Deluxe rooms are ideal for those who want a romantic getaway in a magical atmosphere. Travertine-tiled bathrooms.
4) Prestigious suites with four-poster bed of 46 sqm, located on the first floor of the castle. Large bathroom with tub and shower in sight.
5) Prestigious suite of 58 square meters, located on the top floor of the tower, which offers a unique view on the landscape of Chianti. The room is equipped with double Jacuzzi tub.
Every room is equipped with: LED TV-screen, air conditioning, safe, minibar, hairdryer.
The apartments located in the hamlet are divided as follows:
1) Country-style cosy apartments, located in the ancient hamlet, 50 mts from the main building. The apartments have their own entrance, small living room, kitchenette, double bedroom and bathroom with shower.
2) Country-style family apartments, located in the ancient hamlet, 50 mts from the main building. The apartments have their own entrance, living room, kitchenette, two double bedrooms and bathroom with shower or bath tub.
3) Beautiful apartment of 100 square meters on two levels. Ground floor: living room with fireplace, kitchenette, and a beautiful living terrace, with wonderful views over the Chianti hills. 1st floor: one double, one triple bedroom and bathroom with tub.
Every apartment is equipped with: central heating and flat TV-screen.
To complete the accommodation side there is ancient barn, now a charming cottage of 70 sqm, surrounded by a private garden and wood. It is composed of: living room, kitchenette, bathroom with shower, 1 double, 1 room with 2 beds, large patio with BBQ and a beautiful Jacuzzi bath, to relax and admire the natural landscape. The cottage is equipped with large TV LED and heating. Swimming pool of the Castle is 50 mt far, the restaurant 100 mt and the parking 20 mt.
The agricultural estate covers 118ha in the municipality of Gaiole in Chianti. 15ha are used for vineyard, 13ha for Chianti Classico and 2ha for IGT Toscana, 5 ha are used for olive groves and the remaining are divided in crops and woods. The Farm produces 700Hl of wine per year. Some of the wine (approx. 30.000 bottles) is then bottled with our brand and sold both in our accommodation facility and abroad, the rest is sold unpackaged to other important agricultural estates in the Chianti Classico area. The estate comprises a private lake for sport fishing, a riding stable, a tennis court, a pool, a restaurant, a hunting reserve, a cellar for wine processing and a warehouse for wine storage.
State and finishes
The buildings have been renovated in a precise, elegant and preservative way. All the systems are working and all the connections are set.
It has been working for 20 years now. So it is a very fine example of an efficient and high end accommodation facility.