EXCLUSIVE LISTING OF TERRACE SOTHEBY'S INTERNATIONAL REALTY. This classically designed detached 2 family home with stucco, brick and stone details, has been lovingly owned and cared for by generations of the same family. Built in the 1930’s, this is the first time it’s being offered for sale. Very bright and generously sized rooms create an atmosphere for comfortable living. Multiple favorable elements include: herringbone patterned wood floors, wood burning fireplace, main floor sun room, rear servant’s staircase, slate roof, a pleasing front canopied porch/patio, a pleasant rear patio for relaxing and entertaining plus an upper level very unique vaulted ceiling room. Forest Hills is served by the Long Island Railroad as well as Express E/F subway service to Manhattan. Approx. 15 minutes to Manhattan via rail. Also, nearby are the Austin St. shops and the renowned West Side Tennis Club which offers tennis, pool and dining memberships. Property Size: 5,600 sq. ft. approx. Interior Sq. Footage: 5,450 sq. ft. approx. Taxes: $14,347/yr. approx.
Reasons to love this home:
- It’s a 2 family home, perfectly suited for rental income, if desired.
- It offers 5,450 sq. ft. of interior space, spread over 2 dwelling units.
- The main/larger dwelling consists of 3 floors plus a basement and contains 7 bedrooms and 4 full baths
- The secondary/smaller, single floor ground level home contains 1 bed/1bath plus a living room, kitchen & study.
- The ground level apt. can very easily combine with the larger main house allowing you to create an extraordinary "one" family home.
- The second floor of the larger home is organized in a way that allows a portion of the floor to be utilized as a separate guest suite.
- A tandem garage with indoor parking for 2 cars in
addition to 2 outdoor spaces (total of 4 spaces).
Both dwellings contain separate and distinct entrances (as well as postal addresses) allowing for privacy.