Among the beautiful country roads and equestrian farms of Fairview, NC, nestled high above the clouds with layers upon layers of pristine mountain views, lies this stunning European inspired estate. With stone spiraling turrets, lush gardens and spectacular views, this 3-story French chateau stone castle home was designed by award winning architect Frank Snodgrass, along with specific interior features created by Griffin Architects, who are recognized locally for design and preservation excellence.
As you arrive through the stunning, wrought iron and etched glass double front door, you are at once transported into the elegant gilded age of European luxury. With vaulted ceilings and an ornate chandelier, the foyer opens through expansive arches leading into the 2-story great room. The impressive stone hearth warms on chilly days, gently lit by clerestory windows and three sets of French doors leading out onto the lovely veranda. Here savor morning coffee and linger over brunch as you breathe in the sweeping, panoramic mountain views and mountain air. Spring and fall dazzle with never ending color, allowing you to experience every seasonal nuance.
The French country kitchen is designed with impeccable detail. Never miss conversation with guests at the two sitting islands which open to the great room, breakfast area and veranda. Any master chef will be inspired to create festive meals with the professional, 6-burner gas stove, extensive granite counters, stone farm sink and more, all while overlooking the gardens and mountains that surround. Dine in the evening glow of the sunset from the elegant dining room or idle on the veranda for dinner alfresco.
The master suite will give you cause to linger. Soft evening light radiates through the turret seating area specifically designed to capture every moonrise. Spacious and inviting, gentle slumbers await while you are warmed by the fire. Soak the day away in the ensuite spa tub, or rinse off after an invigorating workout in the private, adjoining exercise room and gear up for the day in the vast dressing room.
Settle family and guests in the two elegant suites on the lower level. Each suite walks out to the patio for an evening nightcap under the soft twinkling stars and offers generous,stately ensuite baths. Revel in late night entertainment within the adjoining family room watching movies by the fire, and enjoy popcorn and drinks created in the full service wet bar. The media room is fully wired and ready to be upgraded to a home theatre.
The upper level offers versatility to accommodate any need. A private office with built-in shelving and a Juliet balcony is perfect for work or quiet contemplation. The loft overlooks the great room and doubles as a sweet guest bedroom or sitting area in which one may relax for an afternoon of reading. The bonus room features bright and spacious arched windows overlooking the gardens and can be used as a bedroom, office or den.
Boasting exquisite French and European inspired design and surrounded by the jaw dropping beauty offered by the verdant mountains and lush gardens, a serene and gracious lifestyle can be found here. Visit 134 Sovereign Lane if luxurious continental living with impeccable touches is what you seek.
- Age: 6-10 Years Old
- Appliances: Dishwasher, Double Oven, Dryer, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, Range / Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Area Amenities: Outdoor Activities, Biking, Area Hiking, Area Horse Riding/Stables, Jogging / Biking Path
- Area Description: Mountain, Privacy, Suburban
- Basement: Finished
- Bath Features: Stall Shower, Stall Shower and Tub, Tub and Shower, Jetted Tub
- Community Type: Gated
- Cooling: Central A/C
- Exterior: Gardens
- Exterior Description: Stone, Stucco
- Exterior Living Space: Patio, Deck, Terrace, Balcony / Lanai
- Fireplace Count: 4+ Fireplaces
- Fireplace Description: Fireplace, Gas, Stone, Wood Burning
- Flooring: Hardwood, Tile
- Garage Count: 3 Car Garage
- Garage Description: Attached Garage
- General: Security System, Built-in Vacuum, Ceiling Fan(s), Stereo System, Storage Area
- Heating - Fuel Type: Electric
- Heating Type: Heat Pump, Multi-Zone Heat
- Interior: Walk-in Closet, Exercise Area, Two-story Family Room, Vaulted Ceilings, Fireplace in Master BR, Cathedral Ceilings, Bay/Bow Window
- Kitchen Features: Granite Countertops, Eat-in Kitchen, Butlers Pantry, Breakfast Bar
- Lot Size: 1-2 Acres
- Other: Association Fee
- Sewer: Septic
- Style: European
- Water: Well