Features: • Location: San Antonio, Escazú • Construction area: 627 sq. m. / 6749 sq. feet • Lot size: 7500 sq. m. / 1.85 acres • Beds: 4 • Baths: 5 • Pool: yes • Garage: 2 + lots of exterior parking spaces • Floors: 2
This house is a one of kind luxury estate on over 7...
Sale Price: $1,800,000
• Location: San Antonio, Escazú
• Construction area: 627 sq. m. / 6749 sq. feet
• Lot size: 7500 sq. m. / 1.85 acres
• Beds: 4
• Baths: 5
• Pool: yes
• Garage: 2 + lots of exterior parking spaces
• Floors: 2
This house is a one of kind luxury estate on over 7,500 sq. meters in San Antonio de Escazu with a privileged view of the Central Valley. The home is entered through a three meter high bronze door, giving it an unquestionable Thai feel. Designed by architect Enrique Barascout, the masterpiece combines natural elements of wood and stone to give the home a warm yet sophisticated feel throughout. With an abundance of windows and 3 meter high glass doors, this exceptional home basks in natural light, surrounds itself with spectacular vistas, and interacts peacefully with the natural ambiance outside its walls.
When the bronze doors open, you walk into the open living and dining room anchored by a wood burning fireplace, 30 foot ceilings, and impressively crafted solid almendro wood beams. This living area opens to the front porch with almendro decking and magnificent views over the lawn and pool to the city and mountains below.
The first floor has a magnificent courtyard with a soothing custom stone fountain. The east wing houses the kitchen with Poggenpohl cabinetry and stainless steel appliances. The west side has a fabulous office space with a custom half-moon desk and custom textured wall painted by New York artist Darien Sherman.
The west wing has an impressive master suite that opens to the garden, pool area, and panoramic views. The ceiling features indirect lighting and the master bath has double sinks, shower, and tub all done in a spectacular white marble for a refined and luxurious experience.
Upstairs there are two guest bedrooms each with a private bath and unique design features. Behind the kitchen and above the garage is the newly refinished guest house with a full bath and separate access.
Swimming pool, BBQ on the deck, light a fire a night, and turn up the fully integrated sound system remotely and start living the good life. Quality Throughout.
Among other features one can mention:
• Whole house is equipped with CAT 6 gigabit network, including guard house for easy camera feed.
• On-demand Movies and TV Shows streamed to Master Bedroom, Greatroom and any computer, controlled by simple remotes and intelligent software
• Backup water supply tank (lasts 3 days), newly tiled. Incoming water from city and pristine well.
• Fruit trees: mango, banana, orange, lemon. Also coffee plants.
• House-wide music system completely controlled by iPod Touch from anywhere in or near the house
• Robust perimeter alarm system with battery backup
• 4 phone lines and Panasonic PBX Phone System, completely surge protected from the outside
• Wall painted by New York artist Darien Sherman
• Cathedral Ceiling (solid almond beams)
• Hardwood Floors (solid almond)
• Hot Tub / Spa
• Vaulted Ceiling (solid almond beams)
• Huge Fireplace: YES - Even in Costa Rica! The weather is so perfect on this property that in the cool evenings, a romantic fire brings the perfect peace. In Nov/Dec it can even be a bit chilly! This fireplace roars with heat!
• Laundry Room
• Walk-in Pantry
• Walk-in Closet
• Window Covers
• Built in Dishwasher blends in with the German cabinetry
• Gas Range (5 burner / wide) - Gas supplied by 3 tall tanks stored securely in the wall down by the gate! Excellent for easy and quick refills, securely accessible from outside the gate - gas company doesn't even have to come into the estate!
• Refrigerator and Freezer - Two wide top-quality appliances built-in flush with the kitchen cabinetry
• Dual Oven (electric)
• Hood Fan
Sewer / Water Systems
• 2 Septic Systems covering both sides of the house separately
• Dual water source
• Pristine mountain well water
• City water
• Either water sources can be enabled or disabled as desired. Both can be on at same time. We have always kept city water off because the well water is so absolutely delicious and perfect!
• As if the dual water supply wasn't enough backup, this house comes equiped with a tertiary water supply backup system. A water resevoir holds 1-2 weeks of water supply under normal household usage. This resevoir is where everday water is drawn from, so it is always replenishing with fresh water from the well and/or the city sources.