- 9 Beds
- 5 Baths
- 7,858 sqft
- 4 ac lot
An exceptionally attractive detached two storey over basement early Victorian period residence set amidst stunning mature well stocked gardens that extend to approximately 1.46HA (3.65 acres) that
An exceptionally attractive detached two storey over basement early Victorian period residence set amidst stunning mature well stocked gardens that extend to approximately 1.46HA (3.65 acres) that provide complete seclusion and privacy securely positioned behind electric gates.
Montebello House is an instantly appealing aesthetically pleasing Italianate style Victorian period residence that has been wonderfully maintained throughout. The bright and airy light infused accommodation oozes charm and character throughout its generously proportioned accommodation. The property has retained all the period embellishments of the era including ornate ceiling coving and decorative roses, period fireplaces, original floorboards, 4m (13ft) high ceilings, large sliding sash windows with shutters intact and a distinctive bow fronted porch entrance above the welcoming granite steps.
Internally the generously proportioned accommodation at hall level flows wonderfully from room to room overlooking the manicured gardens that surround the property perfectly.
An impressive staircase leads up to the exceptionally generous landing drenched in natural light from the three feature windows and skylight. At this level there are seven bedrooms. The master suite consisting of a large bedroom, a generous en suite bathroom and a fine dressing room. A further bedroom, bathroom and dressing room are on the next level and a stairwell then accesses the roof garden of approximately 15m x 15m boasting stunning views out to sea as well as the Dublin Mountains.
At basement level there is a further 2/3 bedrooms, one with en suite as well as a shower room, further bathroom, central dining area, kitchen/breakfast room, two reception rooms, wine cellar and a secondary kitchen/utility. As there is separate access at this level it lands itself extremely well as a self-contained unit if so desired.
- Prestigious highly regarded residential address
- Magnificent Italianate Victorian period residence
- Standing on approximately 1.46HA (3.65 acres)
- Retains all the period embellishments of the era
- Generously proportioned accommodation extending to approximately 730sq.m (7,858sq.ft)
- Beautiful gardens including sunny south facing front lawn, orchard, swimming pool, pool house, rear courtyard with stables and Italianate garden with box hedging
- Detached gate lodge of approximately 79sq.m (850sq.ft)
- Large roof terrace offering panoramic views
Securely positioned behind electric gates
- Parking for many cars
- Close to Killiney Beach, Killiney/Dalkey hills and Killiney DART Station
- Surrounded by excellent primary and secondary schools
- Within easy access of the N11, LUAS, M50 and airport
- Separate vehicular access from Church Avenue that leads to the rear Courtyard & Stables
- A Protected Structure - BER Exempt
- Listed May 16
Ask a Question
Explore the Area
About the Building
The agent will contact you soon by