In the municipality of Castiglione del Lago, in the middle of the intersection of the provinces of Siena, Arezzo and Perugia and a few kilometers from Montepulciano and Cortona ancient monastic village dating back to 1600, skilfully restored respecting the original architecture currently used as a luxury relais.
This estate is located in the Castiglione del Lago area, close to the shores of Lake Trasimeno, about 10 km from all the main amenities. It is possible to visit important places of interest like Cortona, Montepulciano, Chiusi, Perugia, Arezzo and Siena in about 60Km. As well as Rome and Florence by the A1 motorway, from Chiusi Chianciano Terme or Bettolle. The closest train station, the one in Chiusi Scalo is about 20Km far while the closest airport, the one in Florence is approximately 120Km far.
The property comprises:
- The main building consists of 17 rooms elegantly furnished with antiques: antique paintings, carpets, curtains.
- Breakfast room consists of two rooms and the kitchen
- Restaurant where you can taste dishes of haute cuisine and the most ancient culinary tradition of Tuscany; the beautiful winery located below the restaurant offers an assortment of more than 500 national and international labels
- A place setting in the middle of the garden, used for tasting selections of rum or cognac and listen to live music
- The limonaia perfectly and lovingly restored over the winter garden where there are conventions, meetings, courses, corporate dinners and weddings. Such buildings overlooking the large garden and on the terrace with a lovely fountain.
The entire village is surrounded by a garden / park with hedges, tall trees, roses and various plants where inside is placed between the two main buildings a large swimming pool with sun terrace and outdoor bar used in the summer months. In two distinct areas of land is located parking for guests and a relay for clients of limonaia.
State and finishes
The whole village has retained much of the original characteristics of the building: terracotta floors, beamed ceilings, travertine stairs and loggias, and the bathrooms have been renovated with Vietri ceramics and some style a bit more modern.
This property lends itself both to those who want to continue the receptive activity / dining and for others who want to get a major, exclusive and private residence where you can also host and receive. You may also consider the possibility to purchase only a portion of the property and to exclude from it the business of catering and event planning.