Real Estate Details
Castiglione Del Lago, Italy
3103 sqm (33400 sqft)
‘Poggio del Papa’ is a unique property which owes its unmistakable ‘dolce vita’ style to an eccentric actress who, towards the end of the sixties, transformed the main residence into an elegant country villa, which is elegant and welcoming, according to the taste of the time.
The villa is prominent from its hilltop position, at an altitude of 350 metres. above sea level, with a magnificent panoramic view of lakes, woodlands, villages, ploughed fields and sweet rolling hills. This magnificent residence has an area of 340 square metres. and is on 4 levels:
- The first floor includes a spacious and bright living room with a traditional fireplace, served by large windows that overlook a panoramic terrace (of 100 sq.) in size. There is also a spacious kitchen with dining area, a second fireplace, and a small closet. There is the already mentioned large terrace, with beautiful views of the property’s park and the surrounding countryside, perfect for guests to enjoy pleasant convivial and relaxing moments;
- The second floor includes 2 spacious suites, with a large bathroom;
- The third floor includes the original bedroom, with its own ensuite bathroom, located in the turret with panoramic views over Lake Trasimeno and Lake Chiusi. This level also has a pleasant terrace which serves the bedroom.
- The basement has been the subject of recent renovation, with a semi-independent area from the upper floors, where it provides a spacious open space with an additional 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, with a shower and Jacuzzi bath. Although this is the basement, it actually enjoys a well-lit interior thanks to the large windows that overlook the villa’s lovely courtyard.
Just a few metres away, is the farmhouse of 310 square metres. This includes:
- The ground floor, which has an apartment that includes a rustic living room with fireplace, kitchen, 4 bedrooms of which 3 have their own private bathroom, and one with a Jacuzzi bath. Externally there is a beautiful porch and a traditional outdoor oven.
- On the first floor there is a further apartment which consists of a lounge with open plan kitchen, 2 bedrooms, of which 1 has its own private bathroom with shower, a closet/dressing room, and a second bathroom with shower. Completing this floor there is also a terrace.
Beside the farmhouse is a charming annexe of about 40 sqm. which was a former barn, where today you will find a studio flat with its own kitchenette.
The property’s land extends to 2.6 ha. of which 1.7 ha. is arable land, an olive grove and the remaining 9,000 square metres. is used as a fenced park with tall trees, ornamental plants, walkways, panoramic terraces, and a beautiful swimming pool with its own relaxation area.
All utilities are present at the property: electricity, mains water, a water well, 2 rain water collection tanks, a GPL gas central heating system, air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone line as well as ADSL (Internet).
The property is in good conditions and is currently used for vacation rentals. The estate was mainly restored during the 60's and still boasts some of that features; after that, it was partly restored at the beginning of 2000. Some improvement works in terms of aesthetics and implants have been carried out recently, in order to re-open the touristic facility.
This property is an excellent investment opportunity which offers a generous and spacious surface area and thus be ideal for many uses. An exclusive residence perfect for private use with separate guest and friends areas or a property that can be included partially or in its entirety in the international tourist holiday rental market. There are also ideal areas, if desired, for an integrated dining experience.
"Poggio del Papa" is a property ideally located in a beautiful natural landscape area which is also near the area’s main amenities. The property is in fact located in the municipality of Castiglione del Lago, near a small hamlet which is located between Tuscany and Umbria. The ancient Etruscan town of Chiusi (Tuscany) is 7 km away as well as Castiglione del Lago which itself is about 10 km away.
The main roads are all located within walking distance of the property: Chiusi Scalo train station is about 15 km away and the A1 Chiusi-Chianciano Terme motorway exit is only 10 km away.
In about a 40 minute drive you can reach the cities of Siena, Arezzo, Perugia and Orvieto. Rome is about 120 km away, while Florence is about 130 km. both easily accessible by motorway and train.
Lake Trasimeno, Lake Chiusi and Lake Montepulciano are all located near the property. These are nature reserves beautiful all year round that offer beautiful walks and gastronomic tours. Surrounding the property are fortresses, castles, monasteries and medieval towns that provide a beautiful setting for an incredible variety of landscapes.
The property is currently owned by a public limited company (S.r.l.), so the acquisition of the property will be through the purchase of the total shares in the company, with significant tax advantages for the buyer.