Herengracht 242, located in the city centre of Amsterdam, is a classic canal house that has been deemed a national monument. It was originally built in 1614 to be used as a department store.
Today, after three years of extensive renovation, H242 has a completely new foundation, all the original details were preserved and restored to keep its authentic charm while the inside of this classic beauty has been transformed into an oasis of warm serenity.
An overwhelming sense of calmness is what you experience when you enter this first floor home.
Natural lime, an ancient raw material, is used on the floors, walls and ceilings to create a warm canvas throughout the entire apartment.
Please watch the video
The asking price includes:
- The apartment on Amsterdam's prime location, the Herengracht;
- Completely renovated and restored building; new foundation;
- Three years of extensive work by The Collective Studio's design team in collaboration with local and international
- Highest level of craftmanship and sustainability;
- Tailor made interior (walnut kitchen with Noir Saint Laurent marble, walnut bathroom cabinets with Calacatta Oro
- All furniture; design and vintage pieces as well as exclusively collected objects.
More detailed information about the design process and apartment specifics available on the website of The Collective Studio.
- 106 m² of living space;
- First floor apartment;
- One bedroom;
- One bathroom;
- Free hold;
- New Association of Owners;
- Expected service costs € 215,-- per month.