Ft1 824 933 566,94
Real Estate Details
1595 sqm (17168 sqft)
In a setting of rare beauty, on a promontory lapped by the Tyrrhenian Sea, stands the former monastery of the Poor Clares. The building follows the profile of the rock and is articulated on several levels, and includes the church, the convent and the cloister, which, with its wide arches, overlooks the entire coast.
Thanks to the precious and laborious restoration of 1988, the building today has regained the ancient original conventual atmosphere. The Palace, in addition to being a prestigious accommodation facility, includes a beautifully restored restaurant with a fully equipped kitchen, which hosts particularly refined wedding receptions and gala dinners. Access to the restaurant is by crossing the imposing seventeenth-century doorway and climbing up the princely entrance staircase, after admiring the great arch of the Chapel of St. Chiara. From there, you enter the reception area which has a capacity of 240 guests. The ancient church is now part of the palace, a consequence of the restructuring in the Napoleonic era that saw the suppression of the convent to make it a private residence. The new transformation led to numerous structural changes, including the transformation of the church, with the inclusion of a princely staircase inside and the closure of many windows and mullioned windows, but preserving frescoes and architectural decorations; the cloister, instead, was transformed into a vegetable garden and its arches were walled up.
The palace preserves important works of art, including an 11th century Arab funerary stele, a 17th century wooden statue depicting St. Clare, and various noble stone coats of arms. An enchanting property, from which it is possible to see the island of Stromboli and on clear days the Etna, and whose rooms allow us to make a fabulous journey through history.