AIX EN PROVENCE, France
53820 sqft (5000 sqm)
3070000.0 sqm (33045173.0 sqft)
History of a Royal Residence
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a historically significiant castle only 20 minutes from Aix en Provence.
307 ha is the proud size of the property with a large hunting ground for deer and game
birds and additionally is crossed by two rivers, very famous for fishing.
The castle, with its outbuildings, has a total surface of 5.185m2. Alongside the château
there is the guardian's apartment, a studio in the watchtower and a gatehouse fenced with
After an extensive development of the estate by the current owners it is time for you to
add your touch to the property.
Easy International Accessibility
• 20 Km from Aix en Provence City center
• 30 mins from International Airport
• 30 mins from highspeed Train TGV
• 307 Hectares of terroir (substantial vineyard development potential)
• 5.185 m2 Surface area (incl. outbuildings)
• 10.000 m2 of gardens designed be André Le Nôtre
The more than 1000-year-old castle the chateau is
mentioned for the first time in the year of 1064 in a property registration of the abbey
Saint Victor de Marseille.
As one of the former properties of King René, during the 15th century, it was
sold to the family De Forbin in 1474 and remained in the hands of the illustrious family
for 500 years.