The Land Rover Defender (initially called the Land Rover Ninety and Land Rover One Ten) is a British four-wheel drive off-road vehicle developed in the 1980s from the original Land Rover Series which was launched at the Amsterdam Motor Show in April 1948. After a continuous run of 67 years, production finally ended on 29 January 2016 when the last Land Rover Defender rolled off the production line.
The coil sprung Land Rover was introduced in 1983 as "Land Rover One Ten" the number representing the wheelbase in inches.The number was spelled in full in advertising and in handbooks and manuals, and the vehicles also carried badges above the radiator grille which read "Land Rover 110", with the number rendered numerically.
Superficially there is little to distinguish the post-1983 vehicles from the Series III Land Rover. A full-length bonnet, revised grille, plus the fitting of wheel arch extensions to cover wider-track axles are the most noticeable changes. While the engine and other body panels carried over from the Series III, mechanically the 110 was modernized, including:- Coil springs, offering a more comfortable ride and improved axle articulation - A permanent four-wheel-drive system derived from the Range Rover, featuring a two-speed transfer gearbox with a lockable center differential - A modernized interior - A taller one-piece windscreen - A new series of progressively more powerful and modern engines
From 1984, wind-up windows were fitted as Series models and very early 110s had sliding panels, and a 2.5-liter, 68 horsepower diesel engine was introduced. This was based on the earlier 2.3-liter engine, but had a more modern fuel-injection system as well as increased capacity.
1994 saw another development of the Tdi engine, the 300Tdi. Although the 200Tdi had been a big step forward, it had been essentially a reworking of the old turbocharged diesel to accept a direct injection system. In contrast the 300Tdi was virtually new and delivered 111 Horsepower and 195 lbf⋅ft of torque.
This beautiful example finished in white with contract Black Roof and Wheel Arches is freshly built and boasts a plethora of upgrades from front to back and inside and out. With an upgraded Diesel engine and 6-Speed Manual, this 110 is ready to conquer on or off road.
Additional Features Include:
Extensive Re-Build Specification
• New 3.2L TDCi "PUMA" 5 Cylinder Engine with Heavy Duty 6 speed Manual Transmission
• Replacement Chassis
• Fuji White Exterior Body with"PUMA" Hood.
• "PUMA" Dash
• Black Ebony Premium Taurus Leather Seats
• Black Ebony Alston Suede Headliner
• Black Design Pack – Santorini Black Painted Roof, Grille, Headlamp surrounds & Wheel Arch Eyebrows
• 18" Exclusive Diamond Turned Sawtooth Alloy Wheels + LT265/65R18 Tires
• 7 Passenger Seat Configuration with 3rd Row Forward Facing Seats
• Rear Tail Door Wash Wiper
• Tinted Privacy Glass Sliding Rear Side Windows
Cold Climate Pack
• · Heated Front Seats
• · Heated Front & Rear Windscreen
• · Electric Front Windows
• · Remote Central Locking Alarm
· Comfort Pack
• · Air Conditioning
• · Land Rover Classic Infotainment System - TouchScreen Display -Bluetooth & Alpine Subwoofer
• · Black Windsor Leather Steering Wheel - "Adventure Edition"
• · Black Leather with Aluminum Trim Accents on Shift Knob & 4x4 Lever - "Adventure Edition"
• · Aluminum Drivers Pedals - "Adventure Edition"
• · Black Side Protection Runners – "Fire & Ice Edition"
• · LED Clear Rear Lamps – "SVX Edition"
• · NAS Spec Rear Step Bumper
• · Ebony Black Carpet with "Land Rover" Insignia Floor Mats
• · Load Space Rubber Mat – DEFENDER Insignia
• FOX 2.0 Air Shocks with Exposed Tubular Front Turrets
• VISION-X LED 7" Xenon Projector Front Headlights
• Distinctive 3.2 TDCi Edition Badging & Key Chain
Great lease rates and Financing also available on any of our inventory!
Buy Sell Trade Consignments Welcome!
Please email email@example.com or call 1-818-773-8181
Check the CARFAX Vehicle Registration Report for this car.