Black Rock, CT, United States
Redline Restorations is pleased to offer this immaculate 1967 AC 428 Spider. Derek Hurlock, former chief of AC introduced the 428 model as a transition into the Grand Touring segment as the partnership between AC and Shelby dissipated. These hand-built grand tourers utilized a MKIII chassis developed with Ford for the Cobra and elegant Italian coachbuild by Frua.
The provenance of chassis CFX-3 is traced back to the initial offering of the 428. This example was used as the brochure cover car and factory demonstrator. It was owner and driven by the Chairman of A.C. Cars L.T.D. Mr. Derek Hurlock, and is seen in many publications such as Shelby's Wildlife.
Power was delivered from the 7 Liter, 428-ci Ford V8, and a fully synchronized 4-speed manual transmission. The chassis were sent to Turin, fitted with the Frua body, and shipped back to England for final assembly. The double wishbone, independent suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes, and near-equal weight distribution help this 428 corner effortlessly.
All reasonable offers and trades are always considered. For any additional information, feel free to visit our showroom at 2475 Fairfield Ave, Black Rock, CT 06605, or give us a call at +(203) 335-9555.
- Owned & Driven by Mr. Dereck Hurlock - Chairman of A.C. Cars L.T.D.
- AC Brochure Car - Published in Shelby's Wildlife
- First All Steel AC Convertible Body Produced by Frua
- Greenwich Concours d'Elegance - 2006, 2010, 2016
- 1 of 29 Cabriolets Produced
- 7 Liter - 428 Cubic Inch - Ford V8
- Cobra MKIII Chassis
- Fully Synchronized 4-Speed Manual Transmission
- Chrome Wire Wheels
- Extensive Restoration/Provenance Documentation